Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Little Spring in the Middle of a Blizzard


Here comes another Pennsylvania winter.
I've been stuck in the house for days!!!!

Yea, I have time to work on a couple of UFOs. I finished another Just Right Bag. The floral fabric came from Yankee Pride Quilts in Essex Junction, VT. The ladies there were warm, friendly and helpful. I was a visitor to the area but I think they have made a regular customer out of my Vermonter Uncle I hope to get back there for the Vermont Shop Hop 2015.
The colors did a great job of cheering me up in the middle of this cold, blustery, dreary weather. The fabric is bright and the pattern is practical. It has lots of pockets sewn on the inside as well as a zipper pocket on the outside of the front and an adjustable strap.The first two of these that I completed had snaps on the top and I realized that a zipper would be better when I dumped mine out all over the car, lol.
As if this bag wasn't girly enough, I added an adorable little silver high heeled shoe to the zipper pull. 
The recipient of this bag is a favorite Aunt who did a great job of passing on her obsession with beautiful shoes. Just Right is perfectly Aunt Bernie.  Which brings me back to the point, the past two days were spent working on this sunny, happy project for Aunt Bernie even though the freezing wind howled and the snow just keeps coming and coming and coming.


1 comments:

  1. Aunt Bernie is going to love it! Nicely done again sis.

    ReplyDelete