Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Milford Valley Quilters Guild Show and to Guild or not to Guild (part 3)

 Mind Blowing Quilting!




This Tree of Life Quilt was created by Gayle Shelton as part of the 2011 Botanical Keepsake Challenge using machine applique and quilting.

Both of these quilts maybe good candidates for my sister Michele's Stunning Stitchin Sunday series!



 Jackie Belton created this 2014 Keepsake Challenge quilt using Carl Bryer Fallert-Gentry's "applipiecing" technique. She exquisitely quilted this 30 x 30 quilt by machine.

So, to Guild or not to Guild? In general, how much does guild membership mean to you? What are the benefits? I am the sort that would rather not commit to something if I can't commit to it 100%. Especially if people are depending on me. With working full time and a 2.5 hour per day commute, I am concerned that people may be disappointed in me when I can't participate at the rate they may expect of members. Am I just being silly? I have never been a member of a quilter's guild. I would love to hear your comments on the MVQG show and how you feel about guild membership, in general, pros and cons.

4 comments:

  1. I belong to two traditional guilds and 1 modern guild. I enjoy being in guilds to get new ideas and have made some great friends over the years. I currently don't make it to every mtg as some speakers are not my taste (and I have a busy job too) and it's OK. On being involved, I've been a board member twice, it can be fun, but not necessary. Go get inspired, most guilds recommend you donate one charity item per year (nothing fancy) and if it's a quilt show year donate two hours of your time at the show in area you choose. So unless you want to and have the time, you do not need to be super involved and I love getting to hear speakers from all around country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I usually love any source of fresh perspectives. I appreciate your input.

      Delete
  2. You are awesome! I appreciate you.
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hear there is a 12 word phrase you can communicate to your crush... that will trigger deep feelings of love and instinctual appeal to you deep within his chest?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, idolize and care for you with his entire heart...

    ===> 12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Response

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will make him work harder than ever before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    Matter of fact, triggering this all-powerful instinct is so important to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll immediately notice him open his heart and soul for you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he will recognize you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly interested him.

    ReplyDelete